May 12, 2006

Mission Impossible


I am going to watch MI3 today with friends. Miss A told me this morning that the film didn't make as much money as expected but $47M?? I think thats cool for any movie. Anyway the ratings seem good especially with Tom Cruise's dwindling fondness in the hearts of loads of Americans & even Nigerians (based on conversations at work & at home).

I think his divorce with Nicole Kidman really left us with a very very bad taste. I invited a colleague to come along with me & she said a very unhesitant NO!

I really don't blame her. "Vanilla sky" didn't do it for alot of us and even his good looks couldn't help our understanding of the plot. Tfaj says it was stupid. I slept through "Collateral". "War of the worlds" I liked but mainly because of Dakota Fanning. She's so great to watch at such a young age too. She alway comes across as real, carries her roles beautifully and she may just be 9 or is it 11 but to me she is one of the best.

Oh well, thats how it has been for our man Tom and unfortunately the whole Katie Holmes thing just seemed too staged and too over board. I guess for one she really has no precedence but then again we have seen through the man & we know how he schemes with eyes wide shut as well as his history to kiss and tell.

Miss A reminded me this morning of the Oprah show where he was jumping on the couch! Good grief!! Thats acting if you ever saw any. She also believes he controls Katie too as she doesn't seem to do much of her own talking. I must admit she seems fragile, and gullible and does come across looking like a victim which may be so far from the truth. Poor Tom!.

Bottom line; The TomKat saga did nothing to inspire affection towards the couple nor did it help his efforts to win back a place in the hearts of lost fans. (That is if that was the plan) At least not Tfaj who says he grew annoyed with all the hype.

On second thoughts, who am i to judge? He might just be another average Tom who has made mistakes, now falls in love with a new girl and just wants to move on enthusiastically with all the attention fame can afford.

Hmmm....................so Tom might be engaged in a personal "Mission Impossible" but for me, all i know for certain is this: I love the whole "Mission Impossible" series. All the action, intrigue, gadgets, plots, psychos, special effects, drama e.t.c and of course the Good looks too!!!

You have to admit, he is very easy on the eyes!

2 comments:

adefunke said...

I don't think I will see MI3, and I think the whole TomKat thing might have hurt him more than its helped him.

Annabelle said...

Definitely agree!! It seems like they were trying to paint a picture over everyone but went too heavy on it. Just couldn't buy it.