September 13, 2006

A life of quotes

I love quotes.
Words of wisdom by men and women before me.
Some have defined me; made me laugh, helped me understand, taught me to accept, guided me to think, inspired me to be better, showed me possibilities, encouraged growth......
Oh! the power of the spoken word!
And today i want to unveil some of my favorites
Everyday has been a better day as i learnt to look at life more like a beautiful scene than a sad song; A joyful dance rather than a long walk!; A patient friend rather than an absent foe.
Life is beautiful indeed. It can be tough but i am lucky i have had alot of good teachers in some of these quotes..........

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous - Aristotle

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered - Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the depth of winter I finally learnt that there was in me an invincible summer
- Albert Calmus

Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears - Marcus Aurelius

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right - Mary Kay Ash

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway - Mary Kay Ash

Let not your mind run on what you lack as much as on what you have already - Marcus Aurelius

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend - Albert Camus

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured - Mark Twain

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true - Buddha

Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today - Mark Twain

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog - Mark Twain

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted - Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you watch the clouds, you will not sow; If you watch the wind, You will not reap - The bible

Smile, it looks so beautiful on you - Albibie

No comments: