September 19, 2006

Words make wars

Why is the world such a complex place or rather why do we humans make simple things look and seem complex. Are we just hungry for "issues" in our lives & a chance to complain about something.....anything?

I am intrigued. A whole series of events just unfolded right infront of me and i am amazed at the outcomes!

What is wrong with us. I inclusive!

And all the time, there was nothing to anything but words. Just words. Word is indeed power. They seemed like only words but in our surface like world, words indeed make wars!

And that is such a shame. Because most times we never mean to hurt or create unpleasantness but we let our complex minds churn and distort even the simple facts

It's intriguing because my sincere intention was to give a compliment but unfortunately the same words meant an insult for someone else.

I guess i should have known better but i am still baffled.

But truthfully, it's not all about me so here's a lesson to watch my words or perhaps learn to communicate better. Yes, unfortunately it takes the fun out of been sponteaneous if we have to always put our words through a miscroscope since others can't see our intentions (Good or Bad)

But perhaps, thats even the simplicity to things. Simply watch my words since words are all i have to keep a heart with me.

I want to make friends not wars!

2 comments:

Annabelle said...

I said she was Naive!! but i actually meant that she was without guile - she's a sweet person who has no bad intentions towards people but unfortunately she didn't like my choice of words & felt that i was attacking her personality and i honestly wasn't. It's fine now. We talked it over so.............

I too had a friend who used to say hurtful things & i cut her off without reservations, so u can imagine how badly i felt!!!!!

Anonymous said...

True...people react differently to words. I guess that's why the world is such an intersting place.

Thank God you've settled it.....this I think,is the most improtant lesson to enhance friendship.